Open Austin Monthly Events:
- Open Gov & Civic Tech Meetup - A monthly meetup where speakers from the civic tech and open government movements are invited to come speak on a relevant topic. This meetup is hosted on the 3rd Monday of each month at the Terrazas Public Library Branch in East Austin.
- Civic Hack Night - A study hall environment to get work done. We start with announcements and intro. Then often have a featured pitch from a non-profit or anybody with an idea for a civic tech project. Then we break out into project-specific groups and work. This event is hosted on the 1st Tuesday of each month at WeWork on 6th & Congress.
- Civic Hack Saturday - Like the Civic Hack Night but on Saturday's and without announcements or presentations. This is a comfortable space to come get coffee and work on a projects on the weekend. This event is hosted by Urban Co-Lab in East Austin.
Open Austin Annual Events:
- CodeAcross Austin - This event kicks-off our yearly cycle of civic hacking and usually aligns with "Open Data Day" and other events across the globe under the CodeAcross brand. In years past CodeAcross Austin has been a hackathon, geospatial skillshare, and most recently a project ideation workshop.
- ATX Hack For Change - The flagship Civic Tech & Social Good hackathon in Austin. Hosted by St. Edward's University in partnership with the City of Austin & Open Austin, this weekend-long summer event anchors the year and is a immersive experience for folks interested in using design, technology, and open data for good.
- Ship It Weekend - This event is our end of year celebration. It's a chance to finish up work on projects and celebrate a productive year of civic hacking.
RSVP for an upcoming event:
You can find more information about upcoming individual events and register now on Meetup.com.
The Open Austin calendar of events includes the events we sponsor or participate in.
We manage our calendar with Google Calendar. If you are a Google Calendar user, you can display our calendar by going to your calendar and selecting:
Add -> Add a Friend’s Calendar -> [email protected]
If your calendar software understands icalendar format (for example, Apple iCal and Microsoft Outlook), you can import the calendar from:
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us at: [email protected]