Open Austin Monthly Events:
- Open Gov & Civic Tech Meetup - A monthly meetup for anyone interested in learning more about the growing Open Government and Civic Technology movement. From lightning talks to panels, expect a wide variety of topics that sit at the intersection of data, design, technology, development, government and more. This meetup is always hosted on the 3rd Monday of each month.
- Civic Hack Night - A study hall environment to get work done with a supportive and connected community. We begin every meeting with announcements followed by introductions and thereafter, we have a Civic Hacking 101 presentation for newcomers to the scene. Come here if you’re looking to join a project, pitch a project, or learn more about what civic hacking is and how you can help lead the civic tech movement in Austin, TX. We host 2 hack nights a month.
- Civic Hack Saturday - Civic Hack Saturday’s are open hack spaces to grab coffee, breakfast tacos and get straight to work. Unlike Civic Hack Night, there are no announcements or intros. This is a casual environment to socialize and/or get work done with fellow Austinites.
Open Austin Annual Events:
- CodeAcross Austin - This event kicks-off our yearly cycle of civic hacking and usually aligns with "Open Data Day" and other events across the globe under the CodeAcross brand. In years past CodeAcross Austin has been a hackathon, geospatial skillshare, and most recently a project ideation workshop.
- ATX Hack For Change - The flagship Civic Tech & Social Good hackathon in Austin. Hosted by St. Edward's University in partnership with the City of Austin & Open Austin, this weekend-long summer event anchors the year and is a immersive experience for folks interested in using design, technology, and open data for good.
- Ship It Weekend - This event is our end of year celebration. It's a chance to finish up work on projects and celebrate a productive year of civic hacking.
You can find more information about upcoming individual events and register now on Meetup.com.
The Open Austin calendar of events includes the events we sponsor or participate in.
We manage our calendar with Google Calendar. If you are a Google Calendar user, you can display our calendar by going to your calendar and selecting:
Add -> Add a Friend’s Calendar -> [email protected]
If your calendar software understands icalendar format (for example, Apple iCal and Microsoft Outlook), you can import the calendar from:
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us at: [email protected]